Question: What do you do when you’ve run out of negative adjectives to turn positive (and for haters to flip back into the original derogatory meaning)? Answer: go back to the positive adjectives! Having mastered the art of flipping insults into compliments (Stoopid, Ridiculous), Gucci Mane goes back to the basics on this new track, describing everything he’s got—including his improved flow—as Awesome. If the rhymes Gucci spits over Drumma Boy‘s synth-heavy beat don’t shut up the haters, the cut’s big-name guest feature surely will; Snoop Dogg tops this feel-good street-hop gem with some Awesome bars of his own. At this point it’s unknown what project this track will be attached to, but if it’s selected as the first single off Gucci Mane’s currently-untitled fourth LP, it will likely lure quite a few skeptics into the So Icey movement. And wouldn’t that be just Awesome?
Written by Burmy on 06/16/09
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.