Question: What do you do when you’ve run out of negative adjectives to turn positive (and for haters to flip back into the original derogatory meaning)? Answer: go back to the positive adjectives! Having mastered the art of flipping insults into compliments (Stoopid, Ridiculous), Gucci Mane goes back to the basics on this new track, describing everything he’s got—including his improved flow—as Awesome. If the rhymes Gucci spits over Drumma Boy‘s synth-heavy beat don’t shut up the haters, the cut’s big-name guest feature surely will; Snoop Dogg tops this feel-good street-hop gem with some Awesome bars of his own. At this point it’s unknown what project this track will be attached to, but if it’s selected as the first single off Gucci Mane’s currently-untitled fourth LP, it will likely lure quite a few skeptics into the So Icey movement. And wouldn’t that be just Awesome?
Written by Burmy on 06/16/09
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.