Question: What do you do when you’ve run out of negative adjectives to turn positive (and for haters to flip back into the original derogatory meaning)? Answer: go back to the positive adjectives! Having mastered the art of flipping insults into compliments (Stoopid, Ridiculous), Gucci Mane goes back to the basics on this new track, describing everything he’s got—including his improved flow—as Awesome. If the rhymes Gucci spits over Drumma Boy‘s synth-heavy beat don’t shut up the haters, the cut’s big-name guest feature surely will; Snoop Dogg tops this feel-good street-hop gem with some Awesome bars of his own. At this point it’s unknown what project this track will be attached to, but if it’s selected as the first single off Gucci Mane’s currently-untitled fourth LP, it will likely lure quite a few skeptics into the So Icey movement. And wouldn’t that be just Awesome?
Written by Burmy on 06/16/09
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.