Question: What do you do when you’ve run out of negative adjectives to turn positive (and for haters to flip back into the original derogatory meaning)? Answer: go back to the positive adjectives! Having mastered the art of flipping insults into compliments (Stoopid, Ridiculous), Gucci Mane goes back to the basics on this new track, describing everything he’s got—including his improved flow—as Awesome. If the rhymes Gucci spits over Drumma Boy‘s synth-heavy beat don’t shut up the haters, the cut’s big-name guest feature surely will; Snoop Dogg tops this feel-good street-hop gem with some Awesome bars of his own. At this point it’s unknown what project this track will be attached to, but if it’s selected as the first single off Gucci Mane’s currently-untitled fourth LP, it will likely lure quite a few skeptics into the So Icey movement. And wouldn’t that be just Awesome?
Written by Burmy on 06/16/09
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)