Already the benefits of a major label are paying dividends for Atlanta MC, Gucci Mane. After grinding independently and accomplishing everything he could, the trapper rapper inked his name to a contract with Atlantic Records. One of the many perks of being signed to a major label is the access artists are given to roster mates. Gucci Mane, allow me to introduce you to Mr. Trey Songz. As a result of their meeting, the collaborative cut, Drink It Straight, was born. One thing is for certain: Gucci Mane’s new song will not be played at AA meetings. On the flip side, the alcohol-influenced banger will receive plenty of spins at its chosen location: the club.
Written by DJ Z on 12/4/07
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.