Recently signed to Atlantic Records, the once incarcerated Gucci Mane is looking to finally reap his hard earned dividends. On this version of his single, Freaky Girl, fellow Atlanta native Ludacris jumps on board and offers what seems to be 16 throw-away bars; although even when Ludacris give a half-hearted effort, its more than most artists give on their feature verses. The real story here though is Gucci. His lyrical ability matches that of Yung Joc and his delivery at times is painfully slow, ala Loon or Mase (remember them?) With that said, Freaky Girl has the catchy nature to be an infectious ring tone and popular radio single in certain regions.
Written by DJ Z on 07/11/07
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.