Back when Lil’ Kim told the world she had a “Crush On You,” Notorious B.I.G. was still alive and Lil’ Cease wasn’t yet a snitch (or maybe he was?). Since then, the Queen Bee of hip-hop has both amazed and disappointed. After being released from prison two summers ago, Kim has jumped on a plethora of remix and feature offers, none of which are her own body of work (that wasn’t meant to be a pun). Continuing that trend, Kim joins Gucci Mane and Ludacris for the remix to the aptly titled, Freaky Girl. While Gucci sounds exactly like rival Young Jeezy (ad lib anyone?) and Lil’ Kim gets all slutty on the microphone, Ludacris again shines. Gucci Mane will release his Atlantic/Asylum debut in 2008.
Written by DJ Z on 10/24/07
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick Squad/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.