First things first: did anyone else peep the title of G-Side‘s current single, and immediately imagine how dope it would be to hear someone flip a sample of the orchestral theme from that old Nat Geo PBS series? Uh, maybe that was just me. In actuality, the Alabama up-and-comer’s current single has less to do with the long-running magazine and its various offshoots than with his own fantasies of global superstardom. On this pensive motivational jam, the exotic percussion and spacey synths of Block Beattaz and Basmo Family serve as the backdrop for the hungry Huntsville repper’s daydreams of the fast life: “Actin’ like a n*gga that ain’t ever had sh*t, now I’m travelin’ – National Geographic. / And lookin’ down at Earth from this airplane, you can see what God made and you can see what man made.” Oslo, Norway singer/songwriter Chris Lee handles guest duties, building upon the headliner’s lofty theme in his soaring chorus. So, readers, think G-Side has what it takes to go global? If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, you can find more fresh new material on the artist’s The One…Cohesive mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 01/25/11
Slow Motion Soundz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gettin' It" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.