The days are getting shorter, college students are neck-deep in finals and (depending on where you are) it’s freaking freezing outside… in other words, it’s the perfect time to listen to songs about lounging around and sipping Coronas. Am I being sarcastic? Nah, not really – those who take Grynch‘s latest promo single, All I Wanna Do, in the spirit of escapism (as opposed to, y’know, as a taunt) may find it just the thing to ease the winter blahs. Backed by the blissfully mellow, headphone-ready grooves of Jester, the Seattle representative (and freestyle series alumus) teaches us a lesson in chillaxation. In between Grynch’s laid-back opening and closing verses, fellow Washingtonian Sol steps up to the mic with a few stern words for the bad apples who always seem to show up and kill the vibe: “I hate cats that start sh*t ‘cause obviously you’re straight wack / tryin’ to be a Menace, but you ain’t A-Wax.” Like what you’re hearing? This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but Grynch fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest!
Written by richard on 12/9/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.