The days are getting shorter, college students are neck-deep in finals and (depending on where you are) it’s freaking freezing outside… in other words, it’s the perfect time to listen to songs about lounging around and sipping Coronas. Am I being sarcastic? Nah, not really – those who take Grynch‘s latest promo single, All I Wanna Do, in the spirit of escapism (as opposed to, y’know, as a taunt) may find it just the thing to ease the winter blahs. Backed by the blissfully mellow, headphone-ready grooves of Jester, the Seattle representative (and freestyle series alumus) teaches us a lesson in chillaxation. In between Grynch’s laid-back opening and closing verses, fellow Washingtonian Sol steps up to the mic with a few stern words for the bad apples who always seem to show up and kill the vibe: “I hate cats that start sh*t ‘cause obviously you’re straight wack / tryin’ to be a Menace, but you ain’t A-Wax.” Like what you’re hearing? This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but Grynch fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest!
Written by richard on 12/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.