Over the course of Booth history, Mike Dreams, Truck North, Costell and Pol B have each earned good-to-great reader reviews for joints with the word “Timeless” in the title. Have they held up as well as the artists expected? You’ll have to go back and re-review them for yourselves. Now, Northwest mainstay Grynch has set out to craft a whole EP’s worth of tunes that’ll weather the years without tarnishing. Making its world premiere here in the Booth, the project’s title track finds beatsmith Jester serving up a atmospheric, contemplative new-old school instrumental as the freestyle series contributor reflects on the pursuit of artistic immortality. After the headliner’s said his piece, fellow freestyle alum Jon Hope jumps aboard to lace the joint with his passionate brand of braggadocio, and La closes the record on a note of defiance: “I don’t need a major deal to get in here and say what’s real.” So, is Grynch’s latest effort destined to age like fine wine? Only time will tell, but readers are welcome to speculate. In any case, those craving more can get their fill March 8, when Grynch’s new, Booth-sponsored EP hits our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 02/20/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.