It’s taken a long time for Grynch to carve out his niche in the game but, now that he’s made it, he ain’t going nowhere. On the latest single selection off his forthcoming album, the Pacific Northwestern fast-riser celebrates the fact that he’s come So Far without compromising his artistic vision. The always-dope Jake One handles production duties, juxtaposing sunny synths and a strutting percussion rhythm with jagged guitar riffs as the freestyle series alumnus announces the advent of a new day for hip-hop: “If it’s the Dark Ages of rap, then this the break of dawn.” An old hand at upbeat, philosophical bangers like this one, Rhymesayers mainstay Brother Ali reflects on life’s uncertainties (“It’s like one day you’re po’ and the next day you blow / but what’s between those two points, nobody know.”) and the brain-draining effects of mass media (“TV made us so f*ckin dumb that we can’t seem to manage how to walk and chew our bubble gum.”) on the back. Complete with Shaprece‘s appropriately buoyant chorus vocals, this joint is just one of many bangers to be found on Grynch’s Perspective LP, due out March 2.
Written by richard on 02/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.