Sometimes, one little letter can make all the difference. Whereas The Grinch of Christmas-stealing fame is a misanthrope who can’t stand to see others having a good time, Grynch is an eternal optimist who wants nothing more than to spread positive vibes through his music. On I’m Good, the final free song release off his latest album, the Seattle spitter endeavors to do just that, lacing frequent Grieves collaborator Budo‘s upbeat, brass-sampled production with bars designed to put smiles on listeners’ faces. In engaging, relatable verses, the freestyle series alum lists off just a few of the many reasons he has to be feeling great - good friends, dope music and fly honeys chief among them. In fact, his mood would be perfect if it weren’t for one little thing; on the back, he spits, “I know somebody somewhere is down, and yo it’s sad to me / I hope that sometime, someday, they find the cure that they need.” Complete with a hook and outro by fellow Pacific Northwestern rhymesayer Sol, this uplifting jam is just one of many bangers to be found on Grynch’s Perspective LP, scheduled to hit iTunes this Friday.
Written by richard on 02/28/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.