Sometimes, one little letter can make all the difference. Whereas The Grinch of Christmas-stealing fame is a misanthrope who can’t stand to see others having a good time, Grynch is an eternal optimist who wants nothing more than to spread positive vibes through his music. On I’m Good, the final free song release off his latest album, the Seattle spitter endeavors to do just that, lacing frequent Grieves collaborator Budo‘s upbeat, brass-sampled production with bars designed to put smiles on listeners’ faces. In engaging, relatable verses, the freestyle series alum lists off just a few of the many reasons he has to be feeling great - good friends, dope music and fly honeys chief among them. In fact, his mood would be perfect if it weren’t for one little thing; on the back, he spits, “I know somebody somewhere is down, and yo it’s sad to me / I hope that sometime, someday, they find the cure that they need.” Complete with a hook and outro by fellow Pacific Northwestern rhymesayer Sol, this uplifting jam is just one of many bangers to be found on Grynch’s Perspective LP, scheduled to hit iTunes this Friday.
Written by richard on 02/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.