Sometimes, one little letter can make all the difference. Whereas The Grinch of Christmas-stealing fame is a misanthrope who can’t stand to see others having a good time, Grynch is an eternal optimist who wants nothing more than to spread positive vibes through his music. On I’m Good, the final free song release off his latest album, the Seattle spitter endeavors to do just that, lacing frequent Grieves collaborator Budo‘s upbeat, brass-sampled production with bars designed to put smiles on listeners’ faces. In engaging, relatable verses, the freestyle series alum lists off just a few of the many reasons he has to be feeling great - good friends, dope music and fly honeys chief among them. In fact, his mood would be perfect if it weren’t for one little thing; on the back, he spits, “I know somebody somewhere is down, and yo it’s sad to me / I hope that sometime, someday, they find the cure that they need.” Complete with a hook and outro by fellow Pacific Northwestern rhymesayer Sol, this uplifting jam is just one of many bangers to be found on Grynch’s Perspective LP, scheduled to hit iTunes this Friday.
Written by richard on 02/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.