Sometimes, one little letter can make all the difference. Whereas The Grinch of Christmas-stealing fame is a misanthrope who can’t stand to see others having a good time, Grynch is an eternal optimist who wants nothing more than to spread positive vibes through his music. On I’m Good, the final free song release off his latest album, the Seattle spitter endeavors to do just that, lacing frequent Grieves collaborator Budo‘s upbeat, brass-sampled production with bars designed to put smiles on listeners’ faces. In engaging, relatable verses, the freestyle series alum lists off just a few of the many reasons he has to be feeling great - good friends, dope music and fly honeys chief among them. In fact, his mood would be perfect if it weren’t for one little thing; on the back, he spits, “I know somebody somewhere is down, and yo it’s sad to me / I hope that sometime, someday, they find the cure that they need.” Complete with a hook and outro by fellow Pacific Northwestern rhymesayer Sol, this uplifting jam is just one of many bangers to be found on Grynch’s Perspective LP, scheduled to hit iTunes this Friday.
Written by richard on 02/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.