When you work at something long enough, you can miss the point where you go from student to teacher. Whether he knows it or not, Seattle’s Grynch has reached that point. In the new Griff J-directed video for his latest single, Carry On, we get glimpses of a younger Grynch reading The Source and studying West Coast greats like Dr. Dre and Warren G, edited in with a present day version of the indie emcee before he gets ready for a live show. During this time span there have been a lot of ups and downs, as often happens when it comes to something or someone you love, but Grynch has managed to stick it out with four albums releases over 10 years of rocking the mic. And it doesn’t end here. The Elan Wright and Nima Skeemz produced cut will be on Grynch’s upcoming Street Lights LP, which will be available on April 29. It’s nice to think that somewhere out there, there’s a kid listening to the Timeless EP after school and writing his or her own raps to those beats.
Written by Bryan H on 04/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.