When you work at something long enough, you can miss the point where you go from student to teacher. Whether he knows it or not, Seattle’s Grynch has reached that point. In the new Griff J-directed video for his latest single, Carry On, we get glimpses of a younger Grynch reading The Source and studying West Coast greats like Dr. Dre and Warren G, edited in with a present day version of the indie emcee before he gets ready for a live show. During this time span there have been a lot of ups and downs, as often happens when it comes to something or someone you love, but Grynch has managed to stick it out with four albums releases over 10 years of rocking the mic. And it doesn’t end here. The Elan Wright and Nima Skeemz produced cut will be on Grynch’s upcoming Street Lights LP, which will be available on April 29. It’s nice to think that somewhere out there, there’s a kid listening to the Timeless EP after school and writing his or her own raps to those beats.
Written by Bryan H on 04/21/14
Seattle native Grynch has released his new album, Street Lights, and The DJBooth has a full stream of the project. Included on the indie emcee's fourth full-length LP are previously-release, Booth-approved selections "Carry...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.