Though I’m ashamed to say I wouldn’t be able to tell a pair of CB 34’s from 360s (and I just grabbed those names from Wikipedia), I’m willing to believe that those more sneaker-savvy than I can learn a lot about a person simply from his or her choice of kicks. Grynch certainly thinks so, as evidenced by newly-released single Air Max Em. Backed by the the blissfully relaxing vibraphone samples of DJ Nphared, the Seattle-based Booth newcomer (previously heard as a guest on cuts by Grieves and Kyle Lucas) recounts a random encounter with a girl whose footwear caught his eye immediately: “Wow, she’s rockin’ 95 Air Max neons / Call me nuts, because of that not a damn think could be wrong / I’m into chicks that in kicks got good taste / I can tell just by the shoes she live life at a good pace.” Whether or not you consider yourself a sneaker-head, this cut’s breezy vibes are damn near irresistible. But enough from me – what do you think? Those digging what they’re hearing can find Air Max and much more on DJ Nphared’s Red October EP, scheduled for release this Halloween (October 31).
Written by richard on 10/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.