Though I’m ashamed to say I wouldn’t be able to tell a pair of CB 34’s from 360s (and I just grabbed those names from Wikipedia), I’m willing to believe that those more sneaker-savvy than I can learn a lot about a person simply from his or her choice of kicks. Grynch certainly thinks so, as evidenced by newly-released single Air Max Em. Backed by the the blissfully relaxing vibraphone samples of DJ Nphared, the Seattle-based Booth newcomer (previously heard as a guest on cuts by Grieves and Kyle Lucas) recounts a random encounter with a girl whose footwear caught his eye immediately: “Wow, she’s rockin’ 95 Air Max neons / Call me nuts, because of that not a damn think could be wrong / I’m into chicks that in kicks got good taste / I can tell just by the shoes she live life at a good pace.” Whether or not you consider yourself a sneaker-head, this cut’s breezy vibes are damn near irresistible. But enough from me – what do you think? Those digging what they’re hearing can find Air Max and much more on DJ Nphared’s Red October EP, scheduled for release this Halloween (October 31).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My City's Filthy" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.