Heartbreak sucks to be sure, but look on the bright side—it’s the perfect excuse to cook up some poignant, soul-sampled beats. Previously heard lending his production stylings to cuts by Muggsy Malone and K-Beta, Grussle does just that on his first solo feature—leak numero troisoff his forthcoming LP. Over the headliner’s chopped rendition of The Brothers’ of Soul’s One Minute Baby, fellow Booth newcomer Tef Wesley steps up to the mic to give us the lowdown of his relationship woes. Digging this bittersweet banger? Then don’t miss Grussle’s debut solo project, The Break Up, when it drops June 21 for free download.
Written by richard on 06/10/11
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.