Heartbreak sucks to be sure, but look on the bright side—it’s the perfect excuse to cook up some poignant, soul-sampled beats. Previously heard lending his production stylings to cuts by Muggsy Malone and K-Beta, Grussle does just that on his first solo feature—leak numero troisoff his forthcoming LP. Over the headliner’s chopped rendition of The Brothers’ of Soul’s One Minute Baby, fellow Booth newcomer Tef Wesley steps up to the mic to give us the lowdown of his relationship woes. Digging this bittersweet banger? Then don’t miss Grussle’s debut solo project, The Break Up, when it drops June 21 for free download.
Written by richard on 06/10/11
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.