Fresh off inviting rivals to Kick Rocks on the inaugural release off their forthcoming remix tape with beatsmith LONEgevity, Grumpy Old Men return to give their competition another kick in the shins on single number two. Whereas the aforementioned remix was on the grimy side, LONE imbues this cut with a more laid-back brand of swagger, swapping out Don Cannon and Mars’ abrasive synth arrangement for a funkier, sampled beat. His slick bassline and head-noddable percussion are a fitting accompaniment to the bold and arrogant bars delivered by Mike Schpitz and guest spitter Tona. Time for the big question: is this take on the record an improvement over the reader-approved original? If you think so, then don’t miss the rest of the fresh remixes to be found on Sunday Brunch, dropping via The DJBooth next Thursday, April 25.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)