Fresh off inviting rivals to Kick Rocks on the inaugural release off their forthcoming remix tape with beatsmith LONEgevity, Grumpy Old Men return to give their competition another kick in the shins on single number two. Whereas the aforementioned remix was on the grimy side, LONE imbues this cut with a more laid-back brand of swagger, swapping out Don Cannon and Mars’ abrasive synth arrangement for a funkier, sampled beat. His slick bassline and head-noddable percussion are a fitting accompaniment to the bold and arrogant bars delivered by Mike Schpitz and guest spitter Tona. Time for the big question: is this take on the record an improvement over the reader-approved original? If you think so, then don’t miss the rest of the fresh remixes to be found on Sunday Brunch, dropping via The DJBooth next Thursday, April 25.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.