Fresh off inviting rivals to Kick Rocks on the inaugural release off their forthcoming remix tape with beatsmith LONEgevity, Grumpy Old Men return to give their competition another kick in the shins on single number two. Whereas the aforementioned remix was on the grimy side, LONE imbues this cut with a more laid-back brand of swagger, swapping out Don Cannon and Mars’ abrasive synth arrangement for a funkier, sampled beat. His slick bassline and head-noddable percussion are a fitting accompaniment to the bold and arrogant bars delivered by Mike Schpitz and guest spitter Tona. Time for the big question: is this take on the record an improvement over the reader-approved original? If you think so, then don’t miss the rest of the fresh remixes to be found on Sunday Brunch, dropping via The DJBooth next Thursday, April 25.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
Underground rap crew Grumpy Old Men (Mike Schpitz, Pete Sayke) and Indianapolis, Indiana beatsmith LONEgevity have come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners their new remix project, Sunday Brunch. The project packs...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.