Fresh off inviting rivals to Kick Rocks on the inaugural release off their forthcoming remix tape with beatsmith LONEgevity, Grumpy Old Men return to give their competition another kick in the shins on single number two. Whereas the aforementioned remix was on the grimy side, LONE imbues this cut with a more laid-back brand of swagger, swapping out Don Cannon and Mars’ abrasive synth arrangement for a funkier, sampled beat. His slick bassline and head-noddable percussion are a fitting accompaniment to the bold and arrogant bars delivered by Mike Schpitz and guest spitter Tona. Time for the big question: is this take on the record an improvement over the reader-approved original? If you think so, then don’t miss the rest of the fresh remixes to be found on Sunday Brunch, dropping via The DJBooth next Thursday, April 25.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.