Not a fan of Grumpy Old Men? Then I have no idea how you ended up on this page—but in any case, you’re kindly invited to Kick Rocks. For those still here, I’m proud to present the world premiere of the duo’s latest effort, song release numéro uno off the duo’s DJBooth-hosted remix tape. Whereas LONEgevity‘s original boardwork was on the grimy side, this version’s bell-fortified bassline has a more laid-back, quirky vibe. As a result, Mike Schpitz and Pete Sayke‘s witty trash-talk comes across as more lighthearted than aggressive. Nonetheless, their punchlines hit home. For more dope reworkings of cuts off recent street album Free Lunch, check out Sunday Brunch when it hits our front page April 25, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.