Mike Schpitz and Pete Sayke may be doing their best to stay on the straight and narrow (as discussed in their last feature, Testify), but don’t get it twisted; tangle with the reader-acclaimed twosome, and they’ll have you pushing up daisies in a heartbeat. On the final leak (and world premiere) off their forthcoming collaborative mixtape, the Grumpy Old Men give fair warning to the competition: “You rappers don’t concern me, I represent your fate / I represent your death, the funeral, The Wake.” With Maja 7th‘s hard-hitting yet intricate sampled beat as their canvas, the duo unload their highest-caliber lyrical ammunition. On the front, Sayke earns his Parental Advisory label and then some (“On these beats motherf*cker I will eat motherf*ckers / like vegans eat tree limbs and beets motherf*ckers…”), and Schpitz laces the back with equally aggressive lyrical fire (“I don’t give a f*ck if the b*tches not feelin’ Mike / Cause they way I feel I’d prolly fight a Mennonite.”). So, did the Grumpy Old Men… wait for it… kill this one? If you’re designing “Rest In Peace” shirts as we speak, then don’t miss the duo’s new street album, Sunday Skool, when it arrives on the ‘net November 8.
Written by richard on 10/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.