Mike Schpitz and Pete Sayke may be doing their best to stay on the straight and narrow (as discussed in their last feature, Testify), but don’t get it twisted; tangle with the reader-acclaimed twosome, and they’ll have you pushing up daisies in a heartbeat. On the final leak (and world premiere) off their forthcoming collaborative mixtape, the Grumpy Old Men give fair warning to the competition: “You rappers don’t concern me, I represent your fate / I represent your death, the funeral, The Wake.” With Maja 7th‘s hard-hitting yet intricate sampled beat as their canvas, the duo unload their highest-caliber lyrical ammunition. On the front, Sayke earns his Parental Advisory label and then some (“On these beats motherf*cker I will eat motherf*ckers / like vegans eat tree limbs and beets motherf*ckers…”), and Schpitz laces the back with equally aggressive lyrical fire (“I don’t give a f*ck if the b*tches not feelin’ Mike / Cause they way I feel I’d prolly fight a Mennonite.”). So, did the Grumpy Old Men… wait for it… kill this one? If you’re designing “Rest In Peace” shirts as we speak, then don’t miss the duo’s new street album, Sunday Skool, when it arrives on the ‘net November 8.
Written by richard on 10/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.