Premiered in the Booth last week, the inaugural leak off Grumpy Old Men‘s forthcoming mixtape found emcees Mike Schpitz and Pete Sayke voicing their dissatisfaction with today’s America through a tragic tale of racially-motivated violence. As clearly as they perceive society’s ills, however, they’re not just, well, grumpy—contrary to their collective stage name, they cultivate an attitude of gratitude and positivity on the personal tip. On One for the Road (another world premiere), the twosome admit that, though the long hours, uncertainty and itinerant lifestyle make their road road to success a rough one, they’re determined to make the most of what they’ve got. Between Schpitz’ and Sayke’s respectively down-to-earth and braggadocious contributions, Chi-town fave Neak grabs the mic to lace Wes P. blissfully mellow jazz-soul grooves (sampled from Anita Baker’s Angel) with a more poetically abstract account of his hustle. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned—Grumpy Old Men’s Sunday Skool LP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.