Premiered in the Booth last week, the inaugural leak off Grumpy Old Men‘s forthcoming mixtape found emcees Mike Schpitz and Pete Sayke voicing their dissatisfaction with today’s America through a tragic tale of racially-motivated violence. As clearly as they perceive society’s ills, however, they’re not just, well, grumpy—contrary to their collective stage name, they cultivate an attitude of gratitude and positivity on the personal tip. On One for the Road (another world premiere), the twosome admit that, though the long hours, uncertainty and itinerant lifestyle make their road road to success a rough one, they’re determined to make the most of what they’ve got. Between Schpitz’ and Sayke’s respectively down-to-earth and braggadocious contributions, Chi-town fave Neak grabs the mic to lace Wes P. blissfully mellow jazz-soul grooves (sampled from Anita Baker’s Angel) with a more poetically abstract account of his hustle. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned—Grumpy Old Men’s Sunday Skool LP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.