With summer in full swing, and plenty of cruising to be done, the search for a proper soundtrack is consistent. There are the old, reliable go-to classics, but it’s always refreshing to find something new to rattle your trunk. While Ground Up’s new single, Don’t Look Down, is heavy on the ambient noises that sound like they could be a backdrop to someone’s blunted nightmares, the bass will make your sub-woofer vibrate with happiness and mirth. Thank producer Bij Lincs for making this unlikely combo of sounds work to their advantage. The song may come off a bit dark and brooding, but the underlying message is ambition and motivation - let it get under your skin and marinate. If you’re feeling this, be sure to check out Ground Up’s new project, Promiseland EP, which is out now, as well as their DJBooth feature from March, Chinchilla.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 07/9/13
Submit your Rating
Ground Up Sounds, LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.