With summer in full swing, and plenty of cruising to be done, the search for a proper soundtrack is consistent. There are the old, reliable go-to classics, but it’s always refreshing to find something new to rattle your trunk. While Ground Up’s new single, Don’t Look Down, is heavy on the ambient noises that sound like they could be a backdrop to someone’s blunted nightmares, the bass will make your sub-woofer vibrate with happiness and mirth. Thank producer Bij Lincs for making this unlikely combo of sounds work to their advantage. The song may come off a bit dark and brooding, but the underlying message is ambition and motivation - let it get under your skin and marinate. If you’re feeling this, be sure to check out Ground Up’s new project, Promiseland EP, which is out now, as well as their DJBooth feature from March, Chinchilla.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 07/9/13
Submit your Rating
Ground Up Sounds, LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.