With summer in full swing, and plenty of cruising to be done, the search for a proper soundtrack is consistent. There are the old, reliable go-to classics, but it’s always refreshing to find something new to rattle your trunk. While Ground Up’s new single, Don’t Look Down, is heavy on the ambient noises that sound like they could be a backdrop to someone’s blunted nightmares, the bass will make your sub-woofer vibrate with happiness and mirth. Thank producer Bij Lincs for making this unlikely combo of sounds work to their advantage. The song may come off a bit dark and brooding, but the underlying message is ambition and motivation - let it get under your skin and marinate. If you’re feeling this, be sure to check out Ground Up’s new project, Promiseland EP, which is out now, as well as their DJBooth feature from March, Chinchilla.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 07/9/13
Submit your Rating
Ground Up Sounds, LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.