Following their introduction to the Booth via December 2011’s Boulevard, Philadelphia hip-hop crew Ground Up sadly disappeared from our pages. With the promise they showed on their debut, though, the Philly crew were bound to pop up on our radar again. Today, they finally return with feature numero dos, mixtape single Chinchilla. Over crew member Bij Lincs’ production, driven by a shadowy guitar riff that would sound right at home on one of their neighbor Zilla Rocca‘s “noir-hop” bangers (Anyone else sense the potential for a fantastically dope collaboration?), rhymesayers Azar and Malachi solemnly swear to keep it real regardless of how much wealth and power they accumulate in the game. Director Ian Hirst-Hermans ties the package together with some fittingly moody, (mostly) black-and-white visuals. Fans can find Chinchilla and many more quality cuts on Ground Up’s Supernatural street album, available now online.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
Ground Up Sounds, LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.