Following their introduction to the Booth via December 2011’s Boulevard, Philadelphia hip-hop crew Ground Up sadly disappeared from our pages. With the promise they showed on their debut, though, the Philly crew were bound to pop up on our radar again. Today, they finally return with feature numero dos, mixtape single Chinchilla. Over crew member Bij Lincs’ production, driven by a shadowy guitar riff that would sound right at home on one of their neighbor Zilla Rocca‘s “noir-hop” bangers (Anyone else sense the potential for a fantastically dope collaboration?), rhymesayers Azar and Malachi solemnly swear to keep it real regardless of how much wealth and power they accumulate in the game. Director Ian Hirst-Hermans ties the package together with some fittingly moody, (mostly) black-and-white visuals. Fans can find Chinchilla and many more quality cuts on Ground Up’s Supernatural street album, available now online.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
Ground Up Sounds, LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.