Booth newcomer Groove Chambers may be a rapper, a singer, a songwriter and a producer, but he most emphatically is not a doctor. In fact, if you were to follow his instructions on new single Pick Your Poison (The Medicine) to the letter, it would probably take you weeks to regain cognizance. Those craving some fresh headphone music, however, will find that the record itself is just what the certified medical professional ordered. Over a blissfully mellow blend of harp and handclap-accented percussion, the multi-talented Southerner makes an extended analogy between music and various psychoactive drugs: “I told that these high notes can levitate your peak, I told you these crescendos can get you through the day / Now smoke some Bob Marley, and pop a Miles Davis / Now puff some [Coltrane]...” Complete with Chambers’ own reverb-drenched hook vocals, this cut is proof that a good song can be just as mood-elevating as any illegal substance (without the potentially nasty side effects). If you’re digging this intoxicating banger, keep it locked; The Human Experience, has yet to receive a drop date, but you’ll be the first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 06/9/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.