Booth newcomer Groove Chambers may be a rapper, a singer, a songwriter and a producer, but he most emphatically is not a doctor. In fact, if you were to follow his instructions on new single Pick Your Poison (The Medicine) to the letter, it would probably take you weeks to regain cognizance. Those craving some fresh headphone music, however, will find that the record itself is just what the certified medical professional ordered. Over a blissfully mellow blend of harp and handclap-accented percussion, the multi-talented Southerner makes an extended analogy between music and various psychoactive drugs: “I told that these high notes can levitate your peak, I told you these crescendos can get you through the day / Now smoke some Bob Marley, and pop a Miles Davis / Now puff some [Coltrane]...” Complete with Chambers’ own reverb-drenched hook vocals, this cut is proof that a good song can be just as mood-elevating as any illegal substance (without the potentially nasty side effects). If you’re digging this intoxicating banger, keep it locked; The Human Experience, has yet to receive a drop date, but you’ll be the first to know when that changes.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!