Houston’s Grit Boys grabbed up longtime friend Paul Wall and Boss Hogg Outlaw Killa Kyleon for the drippin’ wet single, Now N Later Paint. Every stereotypical topic that Houston artists are known for rapping about appears on this song (mostly drank and candy paint) and no verse has any originality. The People’s Champ leads off with some slick similes, but in the process puts to shame every rapper that follows; remember the ‘ol phrase ‘save the best for last’? The Grit Boys’ TVT Records debut, Ghetto Reality, is set to drop soon.
Written by DJ Z on 09/12/07
Submit your Rating
Mobetta MusikTVT Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.