Life is full of minor frustrations which may not make much much of an impression in isolation but, when stacked on top of one another, are liable to send an Average Joe or Jane into a violent rage. Griff J., the singer/songwriter who introduced himself to our pages with December’s Home, reaches his personal breaking point on Not Today, the latest single off his forthcoming collborative album with beatsmith Grumps. Backed by the latter’s synth-led boardwork, the artist declares a moratorium on the day-to-day B.S., skipping work in favor of binge drinking with his homies. Jon Chomiak directs the official visuals, casting Griff as Michael Douglas’ character in ‘93 crime drama Falling Down. Griff J. & Grump’s After the Starting Gun LP is slated to hit record stores and online retailers at a yet-unscheduled date this March. In the meantime, you can stay tuned to the Booth for all the latest song releases off the project.
Written by richard on 01/22/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.