Life is full of minor frustrations which may not make much much of an impression in isolation but, when stacked on top of one another, are liable to send an Average Joe or Jane into a violent rage. Griff J., the singer/songwriter who introduced himself to our pages with December’s Home, reaches his personal breaking point on Not Today, the latest single off his forthcoming collborative album with beatsmith Grumps. Backed by the latter’s synth-led boardwork, the artist declares a moratorium on the day-to-day B.S., skipping work in favor of binge drinking with his homies. Jon Chomiak directs the official visuals, casting Griff as Michael Douglas’ character in ‘93 crime drama Falling Down. Griff J. & Grump’s After the Starting Gun LP is slated to hit record stores and online retailers at a yet-unscheduled date this March. In the meantime, you can stay tuned to the Booth for all the latest song releases off the project.
Written by richard on 01/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.