Being that I have lived in my hometown for over two decades now, I occasionally feel like I need of change of scenery before I go crazy. I had better act quick, because I don’t want to end up like Griff J, who has apparently gone off the deep end due to a similar problem. On Life Alone, Griff explains just how crazy his monotonous life has made him, showcasing a unique, sung-rapped style with a slight robotic feel. Producer P Smoov heightens the edgy mood, crafting an ambient beat that’s just as different and eccentric as Griff’s flow. The video won’t do anything to quell those creepy vibes, as it is full of interesting, odd cinematography. You might leave Life Alone feeling a little off-kilter, but there is no doubt you will be back for more. This joint is part of Griff J’s After the Starting Gun album, available now for free digital download.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.