Best known in the Booth as the behind-the-boards partner of Rhymesayers emcee Grieves, Seattle-based producer Budo has returned to our pages with a new collaborator in tow—namely, fellow Pacific Northwesterner and first-time featuree Griff J. On Home, the beatsmith’s pensive, hip hop-infused boardwork backs minimal, atmospheric vocal contributions from the Emerald City singer/songwriter. The artist gets his Bear Grylls on in Joseph Chomiak‘s official visuals, vaulting over fallen trees and crawling through muddy creekbeds as he evades a forest-dwelling predator. Home is scheduled to appear on Griff J.‘s next album, After the Starting Gun, when it drops in January 2013. Booth readers, however, can own a copy of the single early by clicking the free download link above.
Written by richard on 12/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)