For a lot of us, the phrase “Winter & the Wolves” immediately calls to mind Game of Thrones (After all, the new season starts this weekend.), but after Serpents slithers into your brain, you will only be able to think of one thing: Grieves‘s new album. Rhymesayers is known for being all about authentic, no-nonsense hip-hop, but this single, the second from Winter & the Wolves, proves that genre lines can easily be blurred. Producer B. Lewis cooks up a smoky, edgy instrumental with a left-of-center vibe. Appropriately, Grieves tries something a little bit different on the mic, fusing his passionate flow with authentic bluesy crooning. Craving more from Grieves? You can always check out album lead single Shreds, featured in February.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smile for the Blade" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.