For a lot of us, the phrase “Winter & the Wolves” immediately calls to mind Game of Thrones (After all, the new season starts this weekend.), but after Serpents slithers into your brain, you will only be able to think of one thing: Grieves‘s new album. Rhymesayers is known for being all about authentic, no-nonsense hip-hop, but this single, the second from Winter & the Wolves, proves that genre lines can easily be blurred. Producer B. Lewis cooks up a smoky, edgy instrumental with a left-of-center vibe. Appropriately, Grieves tries something a little bit different on the mic, fusing his passionate flow with authentic bluesy crooning. Craving more from Grieves? You can always check out album lead single Shreds, featured in February.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/2/14
Seattle-based rapper Grieves has unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Winter & the Wolves LP, via Rhymesayers Entertainment. The artist's fourth album in total, it follows 2011 junior set Together/Apart....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smile for the Blade" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.