For a lot of us, the phrase “Winter & the Wolves” immediately calls to mind Game of Thrones (After all, the new season starts this weekend.), but after Serpents slithers into your brain, you will only be able to think of one thing: Grieves‘s new album. Rhymesayers is known for being all about authentic, no-nonsense hip-hop, but this single, the second from Winter & the Wolves, proves that genre lines can easily be blurred. Producer B. Lewis cooks up a smoky, edgy instrumental with a left-of-center vibe. Appropriately, Grieves tries something a little bit different on the mic, fusing his passionate flow with authentic bluesy crooning. Craving more from Grieves? You can always check out album lead single Shreds, featured in February.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smile for the Blade" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.