For a lot of us, the phrase “Winter & the Wolves” immediately calls to mind Game of Thrones (After all, the new season starts this weekend.), but after Serpents slithers into your brain, you will only be able to think of one thing: Grieves‘s new album. Rhymesayers is known for being all about authentic, no-nonsense hip-hop, but this single, the second from Winter & the Wolves, proves that genre lines can easily be blurred. Producer B. Lewis cooks up a smoky, edgy instrumental with a left-of-center vibe. Appropriately, Grieves tries something a little bit different on the mic, fusing his passionate flow with authentic bluesy crooning. Craving more from Grieves? You can always check out album lead single Shreds, featured in February.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/2/14
Seattle-based rapper Grieves has unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Winter & the Wolves LP, via Rhymesayers Entertainment. The artist's fourth album in total, it follows 2011 junior set Together/Apart....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smile for the Blade" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)