Unsurprisingly given the often-introspective content of his bars, Grieves is a man who values his alone time. Thankfully, the Rhymesayers emcee isn’t too much of a Recluse to feed his hungry fanbase with the occasional video single. Follow-up to the reader-approved Serpents, this record finds the Seattle emcee singing and rapping the praises of solitude over a woozy keyboard groove produced by the artist in conjunction with project collaborator B. Lewis. Maria Juranic directs the official visuals, premiered earlier today via Onion A/V. For Recluse and much more, cop Winter & the Wolves, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Seattle-based rapper Grieves has unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Winter & the Wolves LP, via Rhymesayers Entertainment. The artist's fourth album in total, it follows 2011 junior set Together/Apart....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smile for the Blade" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.