Unsurprisingly given the often-introspective content of his bars, Grieves is a man who values his alone time. Thankfully, the Rhymesayers emcee isn’t too much of a Recluse to feed his hungry fanbase with the occasional video single. Follow-up to the reader-approved Serpents, this record finds the Seattle emcee singing and rapping the praises of solitude over a woozy keyboard groove produced by the artist in conjunction with project collaborator B. Lewis. Maria Juranic directs the official visuals, premiered earlier today via Onion A/V. For Recluse and much more, cop Winter & the Wolves, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smile for the Blade" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.