For your average fan, rowdy shows and liquor-soaked afterparties are activities for weekends and special occasions, but for musicians on the road it’s all part of the daily grind – is it any wonder that unwary artists often find themselves spinning out of control? On new single 3 Bad Men, Rhymesayers signee (and freestyle series alum) Grieves reminds us just how easy it is to overstep the line that separates “too much fun” from simply, “too much.” Over Budo‘s fittingly queasy, synth-sample production, Grieves spits an apt description of that fateful moment when one realizes a night of partying’s headed downhill fast, and Seattle native Grynch handles verse two, delivering an amusingly on-point satire of obnoxious party conversation (“My cousin raps too, so y’all should like collab man, what you thinkin’ dude bro?”). Uganda-born, Vegas-based emcee Krukid‘s final verse finds him more content than his colleagues, hoping to bring a few beautiful ladies back to the hotel. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked – while this single isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll let you know if that changes.
Written by richard on 10/7/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smile for the Blade" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.