For your average fan, rowdy shows and liquor-soaked afterparties are activities for weekends and special occasions, but for musicians on the road it’s all part of the daily grind – is it any wonder that unwary artists often find themselves spinning out of control? On new single 3 Bad Men, Rhymesayers signee (and freestyle series alum) Grieves reminds us just how easy it is to overstep the line that separates “too much fun” from simply, “too much.” Over Budo‘s fittingly queasy, synth-sample production, Grieves spits an apt description of that fateful moment when one realizes a night of partying’s headed downhill fast, and Seattle native Grynch handles verse two, delivering an amusingly on-point satire of obnoxious party conversation (“My cousin raps too, so y’all should like collab man, what you thinkin’ dude bro?”). Uganda-born, Vegas-based emcee Krukid‘s final verse finds him more content than his colleagues, hoping to bring a few beautiful ladies back to the hotel. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked – while this single isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll let you know if that changes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smile for the Blade" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.