For your average fan, rowdy shows and liquor-soaked afterparties are activities for weekends and special occasions, but for musicians on the road it’s all part of the daily grind – is it any wonder that unwary artists often find themselves spinning out of control? On new single 3 Bad Men, Rhymesayers signee (and freestyle series alum) Grieves reminds us just how easy it is to overstep the line that separates “too much fun” from simply, “too much.” Over Budo‘s fittingly queasy, synth-sample production, Grieves spits an apt description of that fateful moment when one realizes a night of partying’s headed downhill fast, and Seattle native Grynch handles verse two, delivering an amusingly on-point satire of obnoxious party conversation (“My cousin raps too, so y’all should like collab man, what you thinkin’ dude bro?”). Uganda-born, Vegas-based emcee Krukid‘s final verse finds him more content than his colleagues, hoping to bring a few beautiful ladies back to the hotel. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked – while this single isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll let you know if that changes.
Written by richard on 10/7/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smile for the Blade" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)