For your average fan, rowdy shows and liquor-soaked afterparties are activities for weekends and special occasions, but for musicians on the road it’s all part of the daily grind – is it any wonder that unwary artists often find themselves spinning out of control? On new single 3 Bad Men, Rhymesayers signee (and freestyle series alum) Grieves reminds us just how easy it is to overstep the line that separates “too much fun” from simply, “too much.” Over Budo‘s fittingly queasy, synth-sample production, Grieves spits an apt description of that fateful moment when one realizes a night of partying’s headed downhill fast, and Seattle native Grynch handles verse two, delivering an amusingly on-point satire of obnoxious party conversation (“My cousin raps too, so y’all should like collab man, what you thinkin’ dude bro?”). Uganda-born, Vegas-based emcee Krukid‘s final verse finds him more content than his colleagues, hoping to bring a few beautiful ladies back to the hotel. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked – while this single isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll let you know if that changes.
Written by richard on 10/7/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smile for the Blade" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.