For your average fan, rowdy shows and liquor-soaked afterparties are activities for weekends and special occasions, but for musicians on the road it’s all part of the daily grind – is it any wonder that unwary artists often find themselves spinning out of control? On new single 3 Bad Men, Rhymesayers signee (and freestyle series alum) Grieves reminds us just how easy it is to overstep the line that separates “too much fun” from simply, “too much.” Over Budo‘s fittingly queasy, synth-sample production, Grieves spits an apt description of that fateful moment when one realizes a night of partying’s headed downhill fast, and Seattle native Grynch handles verse two, delivering an amusingly on-point satire of obnoxious party conversation (“My cousin raps too, so y’all should like collab man, what you thinkin’ dude bro?”). Uganda-born, Vegas-based emcee Krukid‘s final verse finds him more content than his colleagues, hoping to bring a few beautiful ladies back to the hotel. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked – while this single isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll let you know if that changes.
Written by richard on 10/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smile for the Blade" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.