At first glance, Flyin’ Kites might seem like an unusually innocent pastime to base a rap record around. But why front? Childish or not, that sh*t is fun. As you might have surmised however, Greg Grease does it a little differently than your average group of kids at the park; the Minneapolis rhymesayer is the kite and, instead of having someone run through an open field to get him aloft, he just takes a few puffs of a swisher blunt. The latest installment in the artist’s ongoing Cornbread’s Coming series, a sampled beat co-produced by the artist and BenZilla bangs in the back as Grease waxes poetic about the pleasures of cheap reefer: “I’m a connoisseur, it’s gotta smell like cat piss and cow manure.” Budah Tye assists on the guest tip. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further Cornbread’s Coming releases, as well as the latest on the artist’s forthcoming LP, Cornbread, Earl & G.
Written by richard on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rip Well" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.