At first glance, Flyin’ Kites might seem like an unusually innocent pastime to base a rap record around. But why front? Childish or not, that sh*t is fun. As you might have surmised however, Greg Grease does it a little differently than your average group of kids at the park; the Minneapolis rhymesayer is the kite and, instead of having someone run through an open field to get him aloft, he just takes a few puffs of a swisher blunt. The latest installment in the artist’s ongoing Cornbread’s Coming series, a sampled beat co-produced by the artist and BenZilla bangs in the back as Grease waxes poetic about the pleasures of cheap reefer: “I’m a connoisseur, it’s gotta smell like cat piss and cow manure.” Budah Tye assists on the guest tip. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further Cornbread’s Coming releases, as well as the latest on the artist’s forthcoming LP, Cornbread, Earl & G.
Written by richard on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rip Well" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.