At first glance, Flyin’ Kites might seem like an unusually innocent pastime to base a rap record around. But why front? Childish or not, that sh*t is fun. As you might have surmised however, Greg Grease does it a little differently than your average group of kids at the park; the Minneapolis rhymesayer is the kite and, instead of having someone run through an open field to get him aloft, he just takes a few puffs of a swisher blunt. The latest installment in the artist’s ongoing Cornbread’s Coming series, a sampled beat co-produced by the artist and BenZilla bangs in the back as Grease waxes poetic about the pleasures of cheap reefer: “I’m a connoisseur, it’s gotta smell like cat piss and cow manure.” Budah Tye assists on the guest tip. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further Cornbread’s Coming releases, as well as the latest on the artist’s forthcoming LP, Cornbread, Earl & G.
Written by richard on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rip Well" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.