At first glance, Flyin’ Kites might seem like an unusually innocent pastime to base a rap record around. But why front? Childish or not, that sh*t is fun. As you might have surmised however, Greg Grease does it a little differently than your average group of kids at the park; the Minneapolis rhymesayer is the kite and, instead of having someone run through an open field to get him aloft, he just takes a few puffs of a swisher blunt. The latest installment in the artist’s ongoing Cornbread’s Coming series, a sampled beat co-produced by the artist and BenZilla bangs in the back as Grease waxes poetic about the pleasures of cheap reefer: “I’m a connoisseur, it’s gotta smell like cat piss and cow manure.” Budah Tye assists on the guest tip. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further Cornbread’s Coming releases, as well as the latest on the artist’s forthcoming LP, Cornbread, Earl & G.
Written by richard on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rip Well" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.