Greg Grease loves weed—a fact that should have been readily apparent to anyone who listened to his last feature, blunted mixtape single Flying Kites. When it comes to rap’s other favorite green stuff, however, his attitude is considerably more conflicted. C.R.E.A.M. Dreams, a record literally written while the artist was falling asleep, finds Greg reflectnig on his ambivalence toward the Almighty Dollar; while he recognizes that currency is necessary in order to survive in contemporary society, his fantasies of financial security coexist with a deep-rooted suspicion of the power currency holds over our lives. A hazy, sampled beat created by Grease in conjunction with Mike Frey backs his lyrical reveries. Watch for the DJBooth-hosted Cornbread, Pearl & G to hit our front page Tuesday, Decmeber 11, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Up-and-coming Minneapolis rhymesayer Greg Grease bring listeners his latest street album, Cornbread, Pearl & G. Named after 1975 black drama Cornbread Earl & Me and inspired by J. Dilla, Native Tongues and other Golden Age...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rip Well" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.