Greg Grease loves weed—a fact that should have been readily apparent to anyone who listened to his last feature, blunted mixtape single Flying Kites. When it comes to rap’s other favorite green stuff, however, his attitude is considerably more conflicted. C.R.E.A.M. Dreams, a record literally written while the artist was falling asleep, finds Greg reflectnig on his ambivalence toward the Almighty Dollar; while he recognizes that currency is necessary in order to survive in contemporary society, his fantasies of financial security coexist with a deep-rooted suspicion of the power currency holds over our lives. A hazy, sampled beat created by Grease in conjunction with Mike Frey backs his lyrical reveries. Watch for the DJBooth-hosted Cornbread, Pearl & G to hit our front page Tuesday, Decmeber 11, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rip Well" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.