Greg Grease loves weed—a fact that should have been readily apparent to anyone who listened to his last feature, blunted mixtape single Flying Kites. When it comes to rap’s other favorite green stuff, however, his attitude is considerably more conflicted. C.R.E.A.M. Dreams, a record literally written while the artist was falling asleep, finds Greg reflectnig on his ambivalence toward the Almighty Dollar; while he recognizes that currency is necessary in order to survive in contemporary society, his fantasies of financial security coexist with a deep-rooted suspicion of the power currency holds over our lives. A hazy, sampled beat created by Grease in conjunction with Mike Frey backs his lyrical reveries. Watch for the DJBooth-hosted Cornbread, Pearl & G to hit our front page Tuesday, Decmeber 11, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rip Well" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.