Greg Grease loves weed—a fact that should have been readily apparent to anyone who listened to his last feature, blunted mixtape single Flying Kites. When it comes to rap’s other favorite green stuff, however, his attitude is considerably more conflicted. C.R.E.A.M. Dreams, a record literally written while the artist was falling asleep, finds Greg reflectnig on his ambivalence toward the Almighty Dollar; while he recognizes that currency is necessary in order to survive in contemporary society, his fantasies of financial security coexist with a deep-rooted suspicion of the power currency holds over our lives. A hazy, sampled beat created by Grease in conjunction with Mike Frey backs his lyrical reveries. Watch for the DJBooth-hosted Cornbread, Pearl & G to hit our front page Tuesday, Decmeber 11, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rip Well" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.