No, the former chairman of the Federal Reserve has not forgone his retirement to start a rap career. As much as it would amuse me to hear him try to spit 16 over that Jay-Z & Kanye Otis instrumental, the Greenspan we’re featuring here is much better suited to the art of emceeing. Hailing from Baltimore, and with a voice that reminds me a little of AZ, Greenspan preps faithful DJBooth listeners for his upcoming release Dope Melodies Heavy Bass II with the new Mizfitz Soundz-produced single Ride. Between the New Jack Swing drums and the underlying synth melody of Weldon Irvine’s Morning Sunrise (Read: Jay-Z - Dear Summer) the song has a certain early 90s “vintage” feel to it that makes you want to do the running man in slow motion while wearing the Dwayne Wayne flip-up sunglasses…or maybe that’s just me. In any event, this is another good song to play while you cruise in the whip on a nice day. Dope Melodies Heavy Bass II drops on August 25, so be sure to check back and download his DJBooth-hosted project, Got Green 2, right now.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 07/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)