In a “what have you done for my lately” industry, emcees often rush projects in order to stay relevant, when the secret is really quality instead quantity. Greenspan knows the tortoise beats the hare ten times out of ten, which is why he takes it One Day At A Time. Heck, the man even took his time selecting guests feature spots, because the selections on his latest are too spot-on to be haphazardly concocted. On the Sakwe produced track, Greenspan bats lead off, which allows his higher-pitched, speedier flow to be complimented by the deeper-voiced, demonstrative flows of Kane Mayfield (second on the track) and Balance (batting cleanup). Pacing the record is Karron Johnson, whose energetic vocals have a subtle slur that adds something special to the hook. No date has been announced for the release of Baltimore native’s Stairway to Heaven project, but if you are in need of more Green peep his last Booth feature, DFTC.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.