Since ending his stint as Chairman of the US Federal Reserve, Alan Greenspan’s been a busy, busy man – not only has he been working as a consultant and private advisor, but he’s grown several decades younger, learned to rap and… oh, this isn’t the same guy? It’s the Greenspan who brought us Headbop back in August ‘09? Sh*t, my bad. Today, the DMV emcee makes his return to our pages with Callin’ Me, a new single (and Booth-exclusive world premiere!) which finds him in the grips of a blossoming romance. Over DJ Booman‘s upbeat boardwork, centered around an old-school soul sample I wasn’t able to I.D. (anyone?), the up-and-comer describes his relationship with that special girl in intricate bars laced with expressions of love and undying devotion. Like what you’re hearing? To paraphrase the artist himself, Greenspan won’t be hard to find in the weeks ahead – as a matter of fact, he’s teamed up with DJBooth.net to drop his latest mixtape. Be sure to tune in on July 12, when Got Green Vol. 2 hits our front page for free streaming and download!
Written by richard on 06/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.