Since ending his stint as Chairman of the US Federal Reserve, Alan Greenspan’s been a busy, busy man – not only has he been working as a consultant and private advisor, but he’s grown several decades younger, learned to rap and… oh, this isn’t the same guy? It’s the Greenspan who brought us Headbop back in August ‘09? Sh*t, my bad. Today, the DMV emcee makes his return to our pages with Callin’ Me, a new single (and Booth-exclusive world premiere!) which finds him in the grips of a blossoming romance. Over DJ Booman‘s upbeat boardwork, centered around an old-school soul sample I wasn’t able to I.D. (anyone?), the up-and-comer describes his relationship with that special girl in intricate bars laced with expressions of love and undying devotion. Like what you’re hearing? To paraphrase the artist himself, Greenspan won’t be hard to find in the weeks ahead – as a matter of fact, he’s teamed up with DJBooth.net to drop his latest mixtape. Be sure to tune in on July 12, when Got Green Vol. 2 hits our front page for free streaming and download!
Written by richard on 06/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.