Since ending his stint as Chairman of the US Federal Reserve, Alan Greenspan’s been a busy, busy man – not only has he been working as a consultant and private advisor, but he’s grown several decades younger, learned to rap and… oh, this isn’t the same guy? It’s the Greenspan who brought us Headbop back in August ‘09? Sh*t, my bad. Today, the DMV emcee makes his return to our pages with Callin’ Me, a new single (and Booth-exclusive world premiere!) which finds him in the grips of a blossoming romance. Over DJ Booman‘s upbeat boardwork, centered around an old-school soul sample I wasn’t able to I.D. (anyone?), the up-and-comer describes his relationship with that special girl in intricate bars laced with expressions of love and undying devotion. Like what you’re hearing? To paraphrase the artist himself, Greenspan won’t be hard to find in the weeks ahead – as a matter of fact, he’s teamed up with DJBooth.net to drop his latest mixtape. Be sure to tune in on July 12, when Got Green Vol. 2 hits our front page for free streaming and download!
Written by richard on 06/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.