Some people were simply born for the fast life—and Green Street are a case in point. Previously heard chronicling a day in their hectic hustle on March’s surprisingly chill Coastin’, the Brooklyn-by-way-of-Boston trio return to drive the point home with another jet-setting paean to the grind. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the lead single off the crew’s forthcoming Booth-sponsored street album finds them paying tribute to the Runways and cloudy skies that constitute their daily scenery. Renaissance teams up with Ken Ross behind the boards, layering effervescent synths over a hazy rhythm section as crewmates Soupa and A-Live muse contentedly on their growing success: ”So, this is what we worked for? Rooftops, coolin’ out on the world tour / From up here I can see a lot more, watchin’ all my goals unfold from the top floor.” Complete with some gauzy chorus vocals by What Lovers Do crooner Sunny Jones, this mellow cut is just one of many fresh tunes to be found on the crew’s Endless Summer LP, set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download on September 28.
Written by richard on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
Green Street Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stepping Out" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)