Some people were simply born for the fast life—and Green Street are a case in point. Previously heard chronicling a day in their hectic hustle on March’s surprisingly chill Coastin’, the Brooklyn-by-way-of-Boston trio return to drive the point home with another jet-setting paean to the grind. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the lead single off the crew’s forthcoming Booth-sponsored street album finds them paying tribute to the Runways and cloudy skies that constitute their daily scenery. Renaissance teams up with Ken Ross behind the boards, layering effervescent synths over a hazy rhythm section as crewmates Soupa and A-Live muse contentedly on their growing success: ”So, this is what we worked for? Rooftops, coolin’ out on the world tour / From up here I can see a lot more, watchin’ all my goals unfold from the top floor.” Complete with some gauzy chorus vocals by What Lovers Do crooner Sunny Jones, this mellow cut is just one of many fresh tunes to be found on the crew’s Endless Summer LP, set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download on September 28.
Written by richard on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
Green Street Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stepping Out" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.