Next time someone gets on your case for zoning out at work, school or whatever, you can bust out this quote from British writer T.E. Lawrence: “Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.” Boston-bred, Brooklyn-based crew Green Street know precisely what I’m talking about—and on the latest leak off their Booth-sponsored album, they share a few of the Daydreams that keep them grinding 24/7/365. Renaissance produces, flipping a distinctly familiar soul sample (anyone help me out here?) into a breezy, synth-fortified instrumental backdrop as crewmates A-Live and Soupa reminisce about days spent fantasizing about future fame, fortune and female attention. No stranger to mellow, retro-informed bangers like this one, Tanya Morgan emcee Donwill poetically details his own rosy visions of success on the back. Digging it? Then what are you waiting for—head down to our mixtape page tout suite to download your very own copy of Green Street’s latest mixtape, Endless Summer.
Written by richard on 10/10/11
Submit your Rating
Green Street Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stepping Out" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.