Next time someone gets on your case for zoning out at work, school or whatever, you can bust out this quote from British writer T.E. Lawrence: “Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.” Boston-bred, Brooklyn-based crew Green Street know precisely what I’m talking about—and on the latest leak off their Booth-sponsored album, they share a few of the Daydreams that keep them grinding 24/7/365. Renaissance produces, flipping a distinctly familiar soul sample (anyone help me out here?) into a breezy, synth-fortified instrumental backdrop as crewmates A-Live and Soupa reminisce about days spent fantasizing about future fame, fortune and female attention. No stranger to mellow, retro-informed bangers like this one, Tanya Morgan emcee Donwill poetically details his own rosy visions of success on the back. Digging it? Then what are you waiting for—head down to our mixtape page tout suite to download your very own copy of Green Street’s latest mixtape, Endless Summer.
Written by richard on 10/10/11
Submit your Rating
Green Street Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stepping Out" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.