In winter of 2012, A-Live and Renaissance of Booth-acclaimed hip-hop crew Green Street were both diagnosed with life-threatening illnesses. The devastating effects of that news would have driven a less dedicated group apart, but the Brooklyn-based trio’s ironclad Will to Win kept them committed to their hustle. On Comeback Kids, the second official single off their next full-length (following the non-featured New Beginnings), Ren’s stark, blues-tinged street boardwork sets the mood as A-Live and Soupa express their determination to succeed in braggadocious verses. Featuring guest appearances from Geechi Suede (of Camp Lo), ScienZe, Charmingly Ghetto and more, Green Street’s next full-length is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, December 3. To access exclusive material relating to this song, download the LISNR app (available on iTunes and Google Play) and have it running while you listen to Comeback Kids.
Written by richard on 11/1/13
Submit your Rating
Green Street Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stepping Out" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- We’re Sprung: The World Is Ready To Love T-Pain Again
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big K.R.I.T.‘s “Cadillactica”
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.