In winter of 2012, A-Live and Renaissance of Booth-acclaimed hip-hop crew Green Street were both diagnosed with life-threatening illnesses. The devastating effects of that news would have driven a less dedicated group apart, but the Brooklyn-based trio’s ironclad Will to Win kept them committed to their hustle. On Comeback Kids, the second official single off their next full-length (following the non-featured New Beginnings), Ren’s stark, blues-tinged street boardwork sets the mood as A-Live and Soupa express their determination to succeed in braggadocious verses. Featuring guest appearances from Geechi Suede (of Camp Lo), ScienZe, Charmingly Ghetto and more, Green Street’s next full-length is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, December 3. To access exclusive material relating to this song, download the LISNR app (available on iTunes and Google Play) and have it running while you listen to Comeback Kids.
Written by richard on 11/1/13
Green Street Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stepping Out" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.