In winter of 2012, A-Live and Renaissance of Booth-acclaimed hip-hop crew Green Street were both diagnosed with life-threatening illnesses. The devastating effects of that news would have driven a less dedicated group apart, but the Brooklyn-based trio’s ironclad Will to Win kept them committed to their hustle. On Comeback Kids, the second official single off their next full-length (following the non-featured New Beginnings), Ren’s stark, blues-tinged street boardwork sets the mood as A-Live and Soupa express their determination to succeed in braggadocious verses. Featuring guest appearances from Geechi Suede (of Camp Lo), ScienZe, Charmingly Ghetto and more, Green Street’s next full-length is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, December 3. To access exclusive material relating to this song, download the LISNR app (available on iTunes and Google Play) and have it running while you listen to Comeback Kids.
Written by richard on 11/1/13
Submit your Rating
Green Street Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stepping Out" (2011)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.