Originally from Boston, Massachusetts but based in Brooklyn, Booth newcomers Green Street have made it their mission to push genre boundaries while retaining that classic hip-hop sound. Judging by the trio’s first feature, Coastin’, their patented blend of old and new should be the perfect soundtrack to the breezy spring and summer days that lie ahead. Producer Renaissance keeps it smooth and chill behind the boards, cooking up a mellow, sax-laced jazz backdrop for his crewmates’ chronicles of the musician’s lifestyle. Emcees A-live and Soupa, take turns on the mic, together detailing their typical workday – from the mad dash to the airport to catch a flight, to the mid-afternoon blunts, to hanging with some females who showed up for their latest gig. Topped off with the guest stylings of freestyle series alumnus Hollywood FLOSS, this head-noddable cut is sure to leave heads envious of the group’s jet-setting existence, and excited for the release of their latest full-length. While I can’t help you with the former, you won’t have to wait long for the later; the crew’s Don’t Look Down LP is scheduled to hit online retailers April 11.
Written by richard on 03/27/11
Submit your Rating
Green Street Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stepping Out" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.