Previously featured alongside producer Zavala as one-half of Dark Time Sunshine, Seattle emcee Onry Ozzborn recently forged a new collaborative partnership with fellow Emerald City spitter JFK. Together known as Grayskul, the rhymesayers make their first collaborative foray into the Booth with Zenith, a new single that’s every bit as moody and majestic as the fictional fortress from which the duo takes its name. Here, producer Smoke M2D6‘s grimy, driving electronic grooves set the mood as the emcees take aim at the homogeneity and mediocrity that currently dominate the game. This adrenaline-pumping selection is part of Grayskul’s forthcoming freshman set, also titled Zenith. Featuring guest appearances from Aesop Rock, Raekwon and many more, the project is slated to drop September 17, via Fake Four Inc.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
Fake Four, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not Going Anywhere" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.