Think Grayskul, the recently-relaunched collaborative venture from Oldominion‘s JFK and Onry Ozzborn, is nothing but a flash in the pan? Au contraire; on the latest single off their just-released comeback LP, the Seattle twosome insist that, now that they’ve returned, they’re Not Going Anywhere. A grimy, chiptune-informed beat by underground vet Aesop Rock (who also steps out from behind the boards to deliver a tightly-wound guest verse) backs the duo as they assure fans they’ll be pushing the musical envelope and keeping subpar rappers on their toes for many years to come. Zenith, the crew’s first official album in eight years, dropped this Tuesday, September 17, via Fake Four Inc.
Written by richard on 09/19/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.