Last we heard from GrandeMarshall, he was highlighting his commitment to his craft on March mixtape single Dedicated. Evidently, the Philly native felt the point bore repeating, as he returns to that record’s theme on similarly-titled promo cut Dedicated To. This time around, though, the focus is less on his devotion to the mic than his tireless pursuit of paper. Over the hazy sample work of Ben Pramuk (a holdover from Dedicated), the rhymesayer touts the work ethic that keeps his pockets on swole at all times. He’s not all business, though; alongside his chronicles of the hustle, he finds time to flaunt his sexual conquests, his high quality bud, and his illegible signature. This joint isn’t part of a larger project but, if GrandeMarshall is truly as Dedicated as he claims, more fresh tunes can’t be far away.
Written by richard on 07/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dearly Beloved " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.