Last we heard from GrandeMarshall, he was highlighting his commitment to his craft on March mixtape single Dedicated. Evidently, the Philly native felt the point bore repeating, as he returns to that record’s theme on similarly-titled promo cut Dedicated To. This time around, though, the focus is less on his devotion to the mic than his tireless pursuit of paper. Over the hazy sample work of Ben Pramuk (a holdover from Dedicated), the rhymesayer touts the work ethic that keeps his pockets on swole at all times. He’s not all business, though; alongside his chronicles of the hustle, he finds time to flaunt his sexual conquests, his high quality bud, and his illegible signature. This joint isn’t part of a larger project but, if GrandeMarshall is truly as Dedicated as he claims, more fresh tunes can’t be far away.
Written by richard on 07/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dearly Beloved " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.